Chloro - A solar charger designed to fit into your home lifestyle
During the day, Chloro sits as a vase on your windowsill, collecting the sun’s energy. At night, you can remove the battery and wirelessly charge your devices anywhere you like.
Autodesk Software Used:
The goal of the Cradle to Cradle Design Challenge was to eliminate the concept of “waste” by designing products with materials that may be perpetually cycled to retain their value as nutrients to fuel growing global economies.
Design Summary & Considerations
- Solar Collector - Combine with battery pack to charge on your window during the day.
- Removable Battery - Place anywhere at night to charge qi-enabled devices, like your phone.
- Materials Use - Recyclamine – a new 100% recyclable resin; sphelar beads – nearly 3 times more efficient than traditional flat solar cells; and anodized aluminium.
- Recyclability & Disassembly - All of the aluminium components are threaded, so the LED, battery, and voltage adapter can be easily separated from the homogenous materials for electronics recycling
- The only non-recycled components are the Qi charger, LiON battery, and LED. All homogenous materials are 100% recyclable and recycled.
- 87% Recyclable
- 85% Recycled
Autodesk Fusion 360
Designer Cole Smith, used Fusion 360 and Sketchbook Pro for all of the design work. Fusion 360 was useful for quickly sculpting and visualizing the interior vase form, and made it easy to generate toolpaths for prototyping on a ShopBot. Cole located and imported the iPhone 6+ model directly to Fusion from the model database!